November’s free book
Start off by getting your Free Book of the Month, Eschatology, or the Catholic Doctrine of the Last Things: A Dogmatic Treatise, by Joseph Pohle. In this work, Pohle dissects Catholic teaching on death, heaven and hell, purgatory, and resurrection, while drawing from the wisdom of the early Church.
Pick up two more volumes for under $7: 101 Questions and Answers on the Four Last Things is just $1.99 and Catherine of Genoa: Purgation and Purgatory, the Spiritual Dialogue for $4.99.
12 more titles, as low as $4.99
Save even more in Verbum’s Publisher Spotlight featuring resources from Wipf & Stock. Check out these titles and more, starting at only $4.99:
- Christianity and Politics: A Brief Guide to the History – Discover how the theological claims of early Christianity reshaped the Western political imagination in this book by C.C. Pecknold.
- Theosis: Deification in Christian Theology (2 vols.) – In these volumes, scholars dig into the doctrine of theosis, or how believers are transformed into Christlikeness. Join the exploration to see how deification and key doctrines of the faith connect.
- Reading the Gospels with the Church: From Christmas through Easter – In this book, prominent biblical scholar Raymond E. Brown reflects on the passages read by the Church during the seasons dedicated to the great events of Christ’s life: Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, and Easter.
Save 30% in the Monthly Sale
Then, pick up these respected works—and others—for 30% off:
- Catholic Virtue and Holiness Collection (7 vols.) — Men and women seeking to be more like Christ can find practical biblical insight in this collection on character and virtue. Learn from the experts and the saints with methods, practices, and examples of how to enrich your life with holiness and the love of God.
- Courageous Women Collection (4 vols.) — The Courageous series examines the teaching of Sacred Scripture on the feminine pursuit of holiness for women of all ages and walks of life. This series is great for individual or group study, and each book includes a leader’s guide and helpful study questions to guide group discussion.
- Worship in the Early Church: An Anthology of Historical Sources (4 vols.) — Discover how the early Church worshiped with this four-volume collection of excerpts from early writings of the time. This collection illustrates the Church’s liturgical practice in both East and West, from its Jewish beginnings through the end of the sixth century.
Check out these deals and see what other treasures you can find in all of this month’s sales from Verbum!